The Clinical Scholars will continue with inpatient coverage during their 2nd year, in addition to their outpatient clinics. Our Research Scholars will spend the majority of their time on their research projects, with one half day per week of their continuity clinic and an additional half day of subspecialty clinics. Over the 2nd and 3rd years of training, the Research Scholars will have the same clinical experiences as the Clinical Scholars.
Subspecialty clinics during years 2 and 3 include:
- UW Pituitary Clinic
- UW Thyroid Nodule and FNA Clinic
- Weight Management Clinics at UW and Harborview
- Gender Clinics at Harborview, UW and the VA Medical Center
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Endocrine Neoplasia Clinic
- Northwest Hospital Endocrine Clinic
- Adolescent and Young Adult Diabetes Clinic
- Latinx Diabetes Clinic
Both Clinical and Research Scholars continue to have ample time for self directed learning, scholarly research projects and preparation for the Endocrine Boards.